So I’ve been down for a bit but doing much better now, but since being out of work and gym we’ve had some pretty awesome family members and friends helping us out. Just now my mother in law came over and cleaned my bathrooms and my floors. It seriously helps so much! In the past week we’ve had dinners made for us and we feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and friends to help us through a tough time. With that being said we’ve had 2 paleo dinners brought to us! My sister made Everyday Paleo’s Stuffed Zucchini! It was amazing sorry no picture but here’s the recipe from her site http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/07/21/stuffed-zucchini/
And my friend Jennifer made us some amazing stuffed chicken thighs. She left the recipe for me and I got a pic of this one! She made a fruit salad with grapes, banana, strawberries and apples and some mashed cauliflower. We even had enough for lunches!
8 small chicken thighs, skin on (or 4-6 large)
6 tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
2 medium apples, cored and diced
1/4 c. golden raisins
1/4 c. walnuts, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, once hot add onion, celery and garlic. Saute until onion and celery are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add celery mixture, apple, raisins, walnuts and egg in a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Prepare the chicken thighs by pulling the skin away from the chicken and stuff the apple mixture between the meat and the skin.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish and in a small bowl combine the remaining 4 tsp of olive oil and brush over the chicken thighs.
- Bake, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes for an hour.