I was a little nervous about this one. Have always had my whole wheat noodles, so wasn’t sure how the spaghetti squash would compare to them, especially in a spaghetti. It was AMAZING! I didn’t have the full bloating feeling that I always got after eating my noodle version. This is another recipe from Everyday Paleo. Can’t wait to try out different things with this one!
2 lbs of ground beef
1/2 red onion
1/2 c. fresh parsley
3 tbsp fresh rosemary
3 heirloom tomatoes
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp dried basil
1 spaghetti squash
3-4 garlic cloves
- Brown the meat in a large soup pot.
- While the meat is browning, add the onion, parsley, garlic and rosemary into a food processor and process for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and process again until the mixture becomes chunky.
- Once meat is cooked through, add the dry spices to it.
- Add the tomato mixture and mix well and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
For the pasta:
I used a spaghetti squash, I don’t have a pressure cooker (yet) so I split it in half lengthwise and baked in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. You will of course want to start this before preparing your meal. Once cooked (you’ll know if a fork goes into it easily) then scrape out meat of the squash with a fork. Serve meat mixture on top of the spaghetti squash.