This is one from Everyday Paleo. It calls for Kale but we didn’t have Kale on hand so I used Spinach and I added 3 cloves of garlic, minced. See that’s the beauty of cooking, just because you don’t have some ingredients doesn’t mean you can’t cook it. Just gives you an excuse to be creative and daring in the kitchen. This one is a keeper and very easy. Only 10 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cooking time.
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced (whatever color you have on hand)
4 green onions, diced
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
Juice from 1 medium orange
1 tbsp dried basil
Black pepper to taste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch of kale chopped with stems removed (or whatever green you have on hand)
1/4 c. sliced almonds
- 1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the coconut oil and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, pepper and onions and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the kale and almonds, and bring to a simmer and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove everything from the pan and add remaining coconut oil to skillet and saute kale (or other greens) until tender. Keep in mind the spinach wont take as long as the kale.
- Serve the chicken onto of your greens and sprinkle with almonds.